CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 23, 2012

Triple Layer Lemon Pie

Have you checked out Kraftrecipes.com? You should. They have some of the easiest and idiot proof recipes. I have tried a TON of them and it's usually the first place I look when I want something quick and simple.

I made this pie for dessert after Easter dinner at my house. This is the 'laid back' meal of the day with just my husband and I and the kids with my parents.

Now, when I say idiot proof I mean only if an idiot reads directions and package sizes.

Be careful. I thought there were only TWO sizes of Jell-O. The really big box and the small box. However, there are TWO small box sizes and evidently you have to search high and low and in the back of the shelf and all around to find the right one in lemon flavor. The recipe calls for 2 packages of 3.4 oz. jello. I just grabbed the small box that I thought was right...no, that would be the 2.9 oz box. Really??? We  need two boxes that are THAT close is measurement??? Needless to say my first pie did NOT turn out correct but after I bought everything over again adn got the right size this pie was delicious. Even my mom who doesn't care for lemon meringue pie and my husband who doesn't eat desserts often thought it was good.

Go here for the original recipe.

Triple layer lemon pie:

You will need:
2 pkg 3.4 oz. Jell-O lemon flavored instant pudding
2 cups cold milk
1 T lemon juice
1 graham cracker pie crust
1 tub Cool Whip, thawed, divided

Beat pudding mixes, milk and lemon juice with wire whisk about 2 minutes. This mixture will be thick. Spread about 1 1/2 cups of mixture into bottom of pie crust.

Whisk half of Cool Whip with the remaining lemon pudding mixture from above. Spread over pudding layer in pie crust. Top with remaining Cool Whip.

Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.

0 comments:

Post a Comment