CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 23, 2012

Beautiful Breakfast wreath

I bookmarked this recipe over a year ago and couldn't wait to find an occasion to make it. This year I decided to make it part of our Easter breakfast. We do brunch with my family after church but we do breakfast and baskets at our house beforehand and this was a hit! I served it only with our hardboiled eggs and some sweetbreads....best meal of the day!

I originally found the recipe at Bacon Time with the Hungry Hungry Hypo. My husband loved it so much he began thinking of different variations we could do with this not only for breakfast but for dinner too! The only picture I got of it though was the one HE took of the whole table before we ate. He was that excited over how good the whole meal looked I guess...he NEVER picks up the camera for anything!

All you need for a really good breakfast are one roll of crescent rolls, five eggs (scrambled), pre-cooked bacon, and shredded cheese. That's IT!!! If you click on the link she has step by step pictures but here is my run down (more for me in case the link ever goes inactive!)

Separate your eight crescent rolls and lay in a circle on a pizza pan covered with parchment. The wider ends should all overlap in the center of the wreath with the pointy ends on the outer edge. Almost looking like a sun. Lay one piece of precooked bacon on each piece of dough. Spoon your eggs  onto the wide ends of the crescent rolls in the center of the wreath but not filling the 'hole'. Sprinkle some of your cheese on top of the eggs and bring each pointy end of the crescents up over the eggs and into the middle. Top the wreath with more cheese and bake until the crescent rolls are done. You should have something that looks like this:

Again, there are much better pictures on the original link but we were too hungry to try this that we didn't stop to take any more pictures!

0 comments:

Post a Comment