CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 8, 2012

Bewitching

Last year I made myself a Halloween headband for the holiday, you know since I was pregnant and not dressing up. I love to dress up for Halloween but haven't done it in years. I wasn't planning on making another headband this year until a nice trip to Jo-Ann's last week. And by nice I mean a leisurely, calm, quiet, walk up and down every aisle if I wanted to by MYSELF kind of nice trip.

The handy husband said he would run to the Wal-Mart across the parking lot with the kidlets and get the milk and coffee we had run out of. Who needs romantic movies? Chivalry at its finest.

It was like being on vacation! :)

While perusing all the craft supplies I could ever need (and quite a few I never will, but still I looked because, hey, I had no time limit!) I came across this little cutie.

I am pretty sure it's for a doll. I think it was $1.99 or something and since I had one of those 20% off your total purchase coupons I bought it. And, to show you just how tiny and cute this thing is...
it fits on my finger!

I went through my stash of supplies and embellished it a little. I used the same black netting stuff from last year and added some orange ribbon and I made a little fabric flower out of some orange and black polk a dot fabric from yet another past project. I found this black, sparkly headband in the value bins at Jo-Ann's-the ones where you stand in line for the next available cashier-for $1! Perfect!

 
(I hate being in my own pictures but it was naptime for everyone else in the house:) )
 
I think it's cute but I may try making another one. This one is for a cute, silly witch I think. I am thinking one for a chic witch, a classy witch...maybe lace, feathers, glitter or sparklies of some kind? How would you decorate a witch hat?

And, because someone woke up from his nap in the middle of this, how cute is this little goblin??
 
I'll be saving this to put on display when he graduates high school :)

4 comments:

Loretta Castorini said...

Your head band is really really adorable (I'd wear it on Halloween!), it looks like one of those little hats that everyone wore at the royal wedding. Your adorable son stole the show! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Mindy @ New Equus - A New Creation said...

Very cute! My daughter loves making headbands and I will have to show her this one for sure!.

P.S. Definitely save those parent's revenge photos! Ha! ;)

Ashley said...

Thank you so much for linking up to Tell me tuesday, this is so cute!! i love making headbands.

Ana Love Craft said...

So fun and lovely! Wonderful baby too!Thanks for sharing! I'd love for you to visit my blog.
Happy week!

Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Post a Comment