CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 24, 2011

Halloween Headband

I joined Pinterest about 4 weeks ago. One of my friends had invited me-I didn't even ask. I had heard about this place all over the internet and it seemed EVERYONE and their brother was begging for someone to invite them. This must be something good.

I must admit I don't get it. I am not addicted. I don't even go on everyday. Is there something I'm missing?

Yeah, I have several boards and add to them every once in a while but I think I would have survived without it. So far.

It has given me lots of inspiration and ideas for projects so it isn't a bad thing at all. In fact I saw things like this headband all over pinterest for Halloween and I thought: "I could do that!"

I googled some directions for the rose thingy's and got to work.

I bought two of those fabric quarters for $1.99 at Jo-Ann's and used maybe a 1/4 of each one. I found the glitter netting stuff with the rest of the halloween decorations and craft stuff. It was 2.99 but I went three weeks before the holiday so of course everything was already 50% off. I made the rosettes, attached some bling I had on hand and glued the whole thing to felt in the order I wanted and cut it out of the felt. I added the netting to the felt first and then put the flowers down on that. I sandwiched my headband between the felt that held the flowers and another plain piece of felt and I was happy with it.

I am not happy with how my pictures turned out so please forgive me.

I am looking forward to wearing a lot this weekend....we have several trick or treating and other Halloween events to go to and then there's the big candy night! I think I could re-do this for any event or holiday by changing the colors and embellishments.

Happy Halloween to you!

3 comments:

Crafty Mischief said...

This is adorable! Thanks for sharing and thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. Happy Halloween!

Anonymous said...

So, where you able to wear it for halloween...Aunt Brig

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

Very cute. My favorite thing about pinterest is that when I'm looking for ideas, I find it much easier to search for stuff there.

Post a Comment