CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Dresses for Little Girls :)

I found this tutorial a while ago and saved it and couldn't wait for the time and occasion to make it. My sister asked me to make two coordinating dresses for my nieces so they could wear them for their pictures this summer. They wore them for a birthday party today and NOONE could believe I made them. Even my brother said 'wow!'. I also had to make an Easter themed one for Miss C :) She won't wear it on Easter Sunday but we have plenty of other times for her to wear it. Like today! I followed these simple instructions that I found on Punkin Patterns. They were SO easy and took very little time. And, they came out exactly how I envisioned them in my head...that rarely happens! I didn't add anything to the shirts for my nieces since they were already embellished but I did for my daughter's. I just used heat n'bond and some scrap fabric. I google searched "peep bunnies" and got a picture to trace and cut it out. Here they are in all their beautiful-ness!

This is Miss C 'hanging with her Peeps'...this is the best shot. Photographing a one year old is tough!
 These are the ones for my nieces. I used about 1 1/2 yards for each of the skirts. I wanted to be sure my overly tall niece would be able to wear hers all summer.
 I HAD to make them bows to match the dresses with some of the leftover material. I originally found the bow on Fabric Bows and More but the tutorial is from Craft Snob. These really completed the look and my nieces love wearing my bows in their hair :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment