I finally got around to changing what went above our bed after brainstorming a few ideas and adding bits of each of them together to come up with this.
I love everything about it. The fact that I made three of the elements in it makes me love it even more. The canvas of a rose I bought for 60% off at JoAnn's for less than $5. For that price I bought it thinking if I didn't hang it I could turn it into something better. When I ran out of ideas after deciding on the other pieces I decided to throw that in there for good measure. And to save my sanity.
The wreath I originally was going to make to hang on my door for Valentine's day. It did actually hang there for a while until I got around to putting a nail in the wall for it. The idea had been all around craft-blog-world on the internet but I got the instructions right from The Idea Room. The whole project cost me around $6 and I had the ribbon I used for the hanger on hand in my stash. Much less than I would have spent on a lot of the wreaths out in stores!
The 'B' is for our last name. I luurve anything that involes initials or our monogram. I can't explain it. This project cost about $2. I bought a chipboard 'B' at Hobby Lobby and picked out some scrapbook paper with a red/brown theme to it. I used one of my FAV craft discoveries: Mod Podge and stuck the two together. I did paint the outer edges of the B in brown though since I was only covering the face of the letter.