CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 13, 2012

Ribbon Organization

A few months back my husband and I took some time to organize each of our 'work rooms'. They are both in the basement and are both a mess most of the time. We do a organization day every few months. My room is a 'craft room' that also stores much of my holiday decor and baby/kid items and clothes. My room is also not as much of a disaster as his!

On this particular day I asked for his advice on how I could store my ribbons better. I have too many spools of ribbon. I use them mostly to make hair bows but I find other uses for them from time to time too. But, my collection had outgrown my original storage for them and they were everywhere and always unwinding. My wonderful husband came to the rescue and came up with an idea to utilize some empty wall space and some leftover peg board he had laying around. I am such a lucky lady! After taking this picture, he and my mom both asked me not to buy any more ribbon for a while ;)


Ribbon,ribbon,ribbon...So pretty!


 In the back there is a wire strung holding all of my holiday ribbons....

In front of that is a tiny dowel for all of my tiny ribbon spools...


You can get those metal rods to stick in the peg board like they have in stores...did you know that? I don't remember where he found them but he bought a bunch. And I have plenty of space to hang my ribbons. I have different sizes, all different textures, all different colors.....

And, plenty of patterns to choose from.
The best part is that this freed up a bunch of storage space for new craft supplies!

1 comments:

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Well, there you have it. Great way to store them. Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Post a Comment