CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine Door Decor

Ok, so I am cutting this really close. I was going to blog about this weeks ago but this mom of two thing still gets the best of me sometimes :)

Anyhow, just stash this away for next year. It would be fitting since I made this last year and it took me a year to post about it.

I found this online somewhere and I swear saved the link to it but can't find it anywhere. So, I do not take credit for this one. Someone else thought it up and I followed their instructions. I just can't give them the proper credit. Sorry, I'll keep looking for the blog....

In the meantime here is my door 'wreath' for the month of February.
I cut the letters out of an old diaper box first. You just need any thick cardboard but I have an overabundance of diaper boxes usually. I cut strips of red felt and ruffled them with my sewing machine and then hot glued them onto the cardboard. The heart I painted red first since you would be able to see it through the moss-which I bought at Dollar Tree. I glued all the pieces to a long piece of ribbon that I also got at Dollar Tree. The hanger is made from a piece of ribbon that I had laying around. All in all this was a very inexpensive project.

Plus it looks great :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment